The USS William G. Anderson was a barque purchased by the Navy on 23 August 1861 and commissioned 2 October 1861. She was assigned to the West Gulf Blockading Squadron where she remained throughout the entire war.
From February 1864 to April 1865, she was stationed off the Pensacola Navy Yard as a guard ship, and judging by commentary in various courts martial of W. G. Anderson sailors, her station was near Bayou Grande.
|Name||Rate/Rank||Date of Death|
|〰||William H. Mayne||Ordinary Seaman||26 May 1864|
|Michael Morrissey||Ordinary Seaman||14 December 1861|
|✚ ⋂||Thomas Ward||Gunner's Mate||30 July 1865|
|Charles L. Young||Landsman||9 June 1863|